Refreshingly Sri Lanka
Contact a Global Travel Network Agent to help with Cheap Airfares to Colombo
There are many airlines that fly to Colombo from New Zealand, including Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Qantas Airways, Jet Airways, Air India, Air Lanka, Emirates and Korean Air. These Airlines travel via various transit points. Talk to your GTN Agent about which airline would suit best your needs as there are different stopover options available.
Colombo is the capital and largest city in Sri Lanka. Nestled on the west coast of the beautiful, tropical island of Sri Lanka, Colombo is also known as Ceylon and has a rich history dating way back to when it established ancient east – west trade routes. It is a place where the original soul of Buddhism still thrives and where nature’s beauty is plentiful and in pristine condition.
There are few places in the world that are able to provide visitors such a remarkable combination of spectacular landscapes, unspoilt beaches and fascinating cultural heritage in such a condensed location.
Colombo is starting to make a name for itself as the home of abundant wildlife, and visitors are finding Sri Lanka has one of the best wildlife experiences in the world. The exotic destination offers a mix of landscapes and vast varieties of big game animals and marine life, all in a close compact location that’s supported by a good tourism infrastructure. Sri Lanka’s wildlife landscape is unique for such a compact destination, offering a variation of climate and biodiversity that’s normally only seen in a much larger environment spanning an entire continent.
Fun facts about Colombo:
- Well known for blue sapphires worn by the British royals
- Ceylon tea from Colombo is famous and extremely popular, offering so many blends of tea that visitors can take home
- The city was built on the harbour and is famous for its historic seaport that is still bustling today
- Colombo is home to many international cricket matches, and visitors can experience immerse themselves in the crowd of cricket crazed fans
- Visit the open air Shopping Markets and Street Food stalls and stunning Temples